Yes everyone, it’s that time again! EduCon time! You can go to the website and register and propose a conversation today!
Once again, everyone at SLA is so excited to host EduCon, our favorite education conference of the year! And EduCon is awesome because of everyone who shows up to make it awesome! This year’s theme — fitting for our tenth EduCon — is sustainability. And as we put together our panels, I think we’re going to have some incredible conversations about how to sustain the innovations we create, even as we all keep pushing toward new ideas.
So, please think about facilitating a conversation this year! Proposals are due November 1st.
For those folks who have never been… some information about EduCon:
EduCon is both a conversation and a conference.
It is an innovation conference where we can come together, both in person and virtually, to discuss the future of schools. Every session will be an opportunity to discuss and debate ideas — from the very practical to the big dreams.
The guiding principles behind EduCon:
- Our schools must be inquiry-driven, thoughtful and empowering for all members.
- Our schools must be about co-creating — together with our students — the 21st Century Citizen.
- Technology must serve pedagogy, not the other way around.
- Technology must enable students to research, create, communicate, and collaborate.
- Learning can — and must — be networked.
Hope to see you there!